Well, after weeks and weeks of campaigning, complaining, and congratulating, the Oscar nominees can do nothing else now except show up and force themselves to smile, no matter how bad things get.
I am only going to make a few predictions about Sunday night’s Oscars.
1: Leonardo DiCaprio is going to win an Oscar, dammit!
Although, let’s be honest, wouldn’t it be gas if he lost yet again?
2: Chris Rock is going to eviscerate everyone in his opening monologue, which after the whole #OscarsSoWhite debacle, will cause quite a few “ooh!” moments.
3. The musical numbers will be boring. But Lady Gaga is probably going to cause a stir with some sort of ridiculous outfit made from placenta.
4. People will complain about the In Memoriam section because a beloved actor is left out.
5. The orchestra will swell to cut off people’s thank you speeches.
Apparently, the Academy has asked nominees to submit their speeches in advance and plan on having the list of people who the winners thank rolling across the screen … expect to see God’s name a lot.
5. Matthew McConuaghey (last year’s Best Actor winner) will present the Oscar for Best Actress, which means he will butcher Saoirse Ronan‘s name.
6. The whole thing will go on way, way too long.
7. Jennifer Lawrence will probably trip up on the red carpet. You know, because she’s adorable.
8. Twitter will self-destruct under the weight of so many #Oscars tweets, especially if something truly interesting happens.
9. There will be a lot of jokes about Donald Trump … unless, of course, he decides to make the jokes himself.
10. Someone is going to turn up wearing something truly awful.
And now for the actual films.
Click on the pictures to read my reviews, or click here to read all my Oscars 2016 posts.
Thank you to everyone for following and commenting on this year’s Oscars coverage. There were several films I did not get the chance to see, and several which I saw but have not had a chance to review yet.
Brooklyn, for instance, will be reviewed as part of The Begorrathon next week.
Enjoy the Oscars on Sunday night!